Monday 18 July 2011

move in


Moved into my house yesterday! It is called “Charlton House” and it used to be a hotel and is absolutely HUGE. There are 20 people living here, it is 3 stories with a back and front yard, a security guard that stands out front at night and a maid who comes 3 times a week. There is a huge bar, kitchen, bbq, and pool table. I have my own bathroom and room with a balcony and a view of table mountain. Pretty much everyone in the study abroad program has decided we are the “party house.” All of my housemates are really nice and I can tell we are going to have a good time. Today they took us on a fun bus tour of Cape Town. We got to see the penguins at the beach! They were adorable of course. We also saw some baboons, and drove past an ostrich farm. They eat ostrich here and I have heard it’s delicious. They also sell ostrich eggs. One is apparently the equivalent of 24 chicken eggs and I will definitely try it! We spent most of the afternoon at cape point, which is the southernmost tip of Africa and it was so beautiful so we hiked around for a bit and took lots of pictures. they speak 13 different language here, english is the main one but they sort of have a different lingo. my new favourite term is "hubbly bubbly" which is what they call hookah!

No comments:

Post a Comment